Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Two of 30: I owe my niece an apology

I make my living crafting both verbal and visual images. Years ago I was a school teacher despairing of ever being able to instill a love of language and respect for spelling and grammar in my disinterested students.

Yesterday I read a post on Facebook from my niece who was talking about seeking "shox" in the mall and that the product was out of "stalk" in the selected store. Being a 'good aunt' - I berated her for her (still) abysmal spelling in the hopes of enlightening her slightly. I was only partially right. It turns out that "shox" is a feature of certain Nike brand shoes. Really? So, for jumping on your head about the "shox", dear niece, I do apologize for being behind the times.

BUT - they are still out of "stock" at the store. They don't grow on "stalks".

1 comment:

  1. Although your apology is justified, the young people of today do need to be taken to task for their appalling language skills. It's hard to believe that high school graduates d o not know the difference between a stalk and the stock.

    You would have loved having me in your class when you were teaching. I loved anything and everything in literature and language arts.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for the inconvenience of having to type word verification in order to submit your comments, but due to the potential for spam and aggravation, it is necessary. Thanks so much.