Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nine of Thirty: Rain, rain go away. Don't come back another day.

The incessant pounding of water on the roof, in the gutters and on the ground is enough to deter anyone from going outside unless it's absolutely necessary. I fully intended to go out and make photographs of the flooding yesterday but somehow couldn't bring myself to do it. Perhaps today I'll make the effort.

After multiple days of continuously gray skies, the thought of more of the same is enough to drive even a sane person head-first under the covers on the bed. Everyone, including the cat, has had enough. It will take WEEKS for the sodden ground to dry up - time that we probably don't have before the onset of cold temperatures and winter weather.

Now, if only I could convince myself to use this time productively to purge my over-crowded bookshelves, read those books I've been meaning to spend time with, do my bookkeeping and file that small mountain of paper on the floor beside my desk, on my desk and on my shelf....

I doubt I could get close enough today to re-take this shot. I'm sure the river is well over the banks of the Kennebecasis River.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for the inconvenience of having to type word verification in order to submit your comments, but due to the potential for spam and aggravation, it is necessary. Thanks so much.