Thursday, November 18, 2010

Eighteen of Thirty: The Joys of Shopping

No, dear friends, I have not completely lost my mind. Those who know me know that I generally LOATHE shopping, particularly in malls, despite a lengthy career as a property manager in various retail malls in the province.

I spent several hours today in Moncton doing some early Christmas shopping. While looking for gifts for others it wasn't too bad. Then I went on the hunt for a few things I wanted for myself. THAT was another story. I quickly became a total curmudgeon and beat a quick retreat back to the little town of Sussex that I call home. There, in the relatively small crowds, I did, indeed, find exactly what I wanted.

Who needs to travel to shop? not me. If it's not here, I don't need it (or the headache of finding it elsewhere).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for the inconvenience of having to type word verification in order to submit your comments, but due to the potential for spam and aggravation, it is necessary. Thanks so much.