Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Twenty-four of Thirty: Fall is struggling to hang on

Late yesterday afternoon and throughout the night torrential rains fell in southern New Brunswick. Today the temperature has been dropping steadily and the residual showers turned first to large flaky flurries and, more recently, to wet snow. It's technically still autumn but she is fighting a losing battle against winter's onslaught.

I'm not a winter person. I no longer enjoy outdoor winter sports like skiing, skating and toboganning. I hate feeling cold and damp and my arthritic joints protest loudly to anyone within earshot. So, since I live in the northern hemisphere the annual question becomes, how to survive another six months?

I've stocked up on long underwear, warm socks, sweaters, cozy boots, and the gas tank for the fireplace is full. Armed with good books and lots of tea - I'm taking a leaf from the big bear's notebook and hibernating as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for the inconvenience of having to type word verification in order to submit your comments, but due to the potential for spam and aggravation, it is necessary. Thanks so much.