Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I love my job!

I'm fortunate. I really love what I do. I enjoy creating verbal images that move people and pictorial ones that capture a special moment in someone's life.

This week I had the latter opportunity several times!

First... It was the special award ceremony at the Princess Louise Park Show Centre during the Summer Sunrise Horse Show.

Amadeus Mozart Ara-Li* (pictured above left), a Morgan stallion bred and born in Lower Millstream, NB, owned and shown by Walter and Dawn Brown of Collina, NB, received the Supreme Justin Morgan Honour award from the National Canadian Morgan Horse Association.

Fadjura's Ajiba NA+ (pictured at right), an Arabian mare, was foaled at Najouba Arabians in Sussex Corner, NB, with stable owners Jessie and Oren MacLean. She is now owned and shown by 18-year-old Zara Morrison of Mt. Hebron, NB. The mare received the Purebred Arabian Legion of Honour award. Zara received the prestigious Rider of Champions award for her efforts.

Zara is my riding student so the sense of accomplishment was shared by all. She accumulated sufficient points for the award without ever leaving the Maritimes, a challenge in and of itself!


Her support team includes her mother Marion (next to horse) and friend Nikki as well among many others.


The versatile "Mo" competes in driving competitions and riding competitions. His handler, Dawn, also has an extensive support team, including her family.




Once the awards activities came to an end, it was time to get ready for prom photo shoots. Once again I had the fun of 'shooting' Zara and her horse, as well as her mom and grandmother as she gets ready to face the future.


They match!




Then I was off to another shoot with Coralie and her family.




She is also involved in showing horses and counts her mother, Michelle, among her backstage support team.




Photographing and writing about such happy occasions makes me thankful that I have the job I have! Who else can have this much fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for the inconvenience of having to type word verification in order to submit your comments, but due to the potential for spam and aggravation, it is necessary. Thanks so much.