Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Knowing I had a schedule to keep, sleep eluded me last night. I checked the clock every thirty minutes on my last night with my west coast family. Ten days goes by so quickly.

Finally it was time to get up, shower, finish packing and head out to the airport.

Just as David and I were going out the door the grand toddlers woke up and came to say goodbye. Mattias offered a big hug and an "I love you Gramma." Isla was less awake and so just shyly whispered "bye bye".

Leaving is always heart wrenching, especially knowing that it could be a year or more before I see them again, all depending on opportunity and, of course, money.

Sometimes being in a rush to leave is a good thing! No time for tears, as I fly over the big mountains, across the wide prairies, around the Great Lakes and on home to New Brunswick, Joel and our fur babies Hoover and Halo. Does that sound like a good opening for a story for the kids? Hmmm mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for the inconvenience of having to type word verification in order to submit your comments, but due to the potential for spam and aggravation, it is necessary. Thanks so much.