Sunday, June 12, 2011

It's an adventure...

What busy lives my son and his family have. Two toddlers 10 months apart in age definitely keep things hopping. My daughter-in-law has the patience of Job in dealing with the daily mishaps that are all part of having small children - the inevitable tears when something goes wrong; the two-year-old tantrums from little people a bit over-tired or over-stimulated.

But, it has been quite a visit so far. Every day is an adventure as we explore parks, the neighborhood, special sites, the homes of friends and family. The advantage of living in the city like this is the unlimited list of places to go and things to see. The disadvantage is the cost of housing making having a quiet yard to play in a tough thing to have. Raising children in an apartment isn't easy, that's for sure.

The kids are a joy, though. They're cute, of course, but also so bright. Both have extensive vocabularies and speak well, in full sentences, and practically always have. No baby talk for sure.

My visit is winding down now. Two more 'sleeps' until I wend my way back to the East Coast. It's been great, but I do miss my hubby, my dog and cat, and, of course, my BED! Ten days on a hide-a-bed are a bit hard on the back! But, when you're tired at the end of a busy day with the grand toddlers, any horizontal surface will work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for the inconvenience of having to type word verification in order to submit your comments, but due to the potential for spam and aggravation, it is necessary. Thanks so much.