Monday, June 13, 2011

One more sleep!

Interesting how children measure time. I told my grandchildren last night that Gramma would have to go home after one more sleep and Mattias, the 3-year-old, responded "don't go to sleep yet, you won't have to leave." How sweet is that?

But, I've had a terrific nine-day visit with my little west coast family. It's been wonderful getting to know the kids so well and spend lots of time with them - through good moods and bad.

I've taken a ton of photos to sustain me until the next get together - probably a year away. This long-distance grandparenting leaves a lot to be desired!

So far, the best moment was yesterday when my son, David, and I took the kids to the park to play. As we set off up the street, Isla smiled sweetly at me and asked to hold my hand for the walk. Talk about melting your heart.

Later Mattias saved lots of time to play 'just with Gramma' which was wonderful!

This is my last full day with them. Sadly, the skies are weeping in sympathy which will make getting to the park a challenge, but the kids have of fear of getting wet, so we'll probably go anyway. It just makes it tough to take the camera gear.

So, my visit is winding down and there's only one more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for the inconvenience of having to type word verification in order to submit your comments, but due to the potential for spam and aggravation, it is necessary. Thanks so much.