Friday, January 14, 2011

Sharing and photography

I learned to share. Really I did. So today, when two members of our Fun with Photos group wanted a little extra help, I enjoyed providing what I could - not to mention fresh baked cookies and tea.

We talked about a few basic flash settings for Canon cameras and how you really need to use a tripod and a fast shutter speed to get 'tack sharp' images.

Then there was a lengthy discussion about various software programs for editing images.

At the end of it all, here's hoping the two ladies went away with a bit more knowledge then they came with. It's good for me, too. By answering their questions I'm forced to think and remember a myriad of details that I, too, often forget about. So I learn as much from them, many times, as they learn from me.

I know some photographers who would slit their throats rather than share their knowledge with others, but that's just not my style. I so enjoy the discussions and we have a great time.

If you know something, it's fun to share. If you want to learn, ask questions.

Halo - sidelight from bright window.

1 comment:

  1. And we certainly appreciate it. I've already learned so much! :) Thnx!

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for the inconvenience of having to type word verification in order to submit your comments, but due to the potential for spam and aggravation, it is necessary. Thanks so much.