Friday, January 14, 2011

The blessings and the curses of technology

Next week-end I'm participating in the 2011 January Thaw Equine Expo at the Fredericton Exhibition Centre. I've been getting my display gear together in anticipation of the event and, among other things, I purchased a small mini-projector that I can use to show my slide show on a screen larger than my laptop. All was good until I found out that, despite the fact that 3M provided a variety of patch cords to connect said projector to my laptop, NONE would fit the MAC's mini-display port outlet.

Apple doesn't sell such a thing. Go figure? By trial and error I found a place called StarTech.com and ordered what I THOUGHT was the right thing. Wrong. Back it went and, with the help of the nice folks at StarTech we figured out what I really needed. Three days later it arrived at my door. Yay! Another hurdle cleared! Now I'm one step closer to being ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for the inconvenience of having to type word verification in order to submit your comments, but due to the potential for spam and aggravation, it is necessary. Thanks so much.