Monday, February 7, 2011

Lifelong learning

Yep - my name is Ceci and I am a lifelong learning junkie. I can't help it. I am compelled to continue learning things. The topics are irrelevant. It doesn't matter to me if they are work related, hobby related or just some new or revived skill (like knitting) - I need to learn as much as I need food, water and rest.

So, I try and set aside at least half a day each week that is for nothing other than learning something. Yesterday it was practicing new lighting techniques for my photography - using off-camera flash with an umbrella light modifying set-up. It took a while to really grasp balancing soft north-window light with a flash but after a while, I think I got it. Would you agree?






Thank goodness for my most patient model, Hoover.

Want to learn more about off-camera lighting techniques? Try the Srobist site at: http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/03/lighting-101.html and check out the Lighting 101 series.

What are YOU learning this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for the inconvenience of having to type word verification in order to submit your comments, but due to the potential for spam and aggravation, it is necessary. Thanks so much.