Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Temperature dropping - new year approaching

After a wild, wet and windy introduction to winter, Christmas blew by in what seemed like mere moments.

Now, for a little while at least, the skies have cleared and the temperatures are dropping. There's something about clear, crisp air that engenders clear, crisp thinking as another new year approaches.

A friend asked me if I had any resolutions in mind and I responded quickly that I gave up creating resolutions many years ago. I always felt that the pressure they exerted backfired into defeat of whatever I was trying to accomplish. So instead I try to take some time during the hiatus between Christmas and the New Year to create a plan for the coming months - something that is more concisely defined, achievable and measurable so I will know where I stand at any given moment.

Occasionally it's important to think about not just what one wants, but also what one does not want, in life. Right now I'm making that list that will evolve into my 2011 plan.

In the meantime, I wish everyone a Happy New Year, success and prosperity, however you define it, in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for the inconvenience of having to type word verification in order to submit your comments, but due to the potential for spam and aggravation, it is necessary. Thanks so much.