Thursday, December 2, 2010

Buy local

It seems 'weird' to no longer be obliged to blog daily - but that's a good thing. It will keep me going.

With Christmas almost upon us, the annual gift buying frenzy has begun. I decided this year to "buy local" as much as possible, including supporting some of my fellow Maritime writers by buying their books as gifts for friends and relatives. In addition, I am haunting local craft and gifts shops looking for hand made goodies, toys etc. that are representative of this area - especially for my son and his family way out on the west coast. It is harder than you'd think - especially for things for young children. But, I am determined.

Now, to just get rid of this wretched cold and get on with it so things can go into the mail for delivery before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for the inconvenience of having to type word verification in order to submit your comments, but due to the potential for spam and aggravation, it is necessary. Thanks so much.