Tuesday, February 2, 2010

They are all little heroes - and so are their families

Ever wonder why we are each given particular talents, skills or other gifts? I think it's because we are supposed to use those gifts to enrich the lives of those around us.

Last year I applied to, and was accepted by, the Littlest Heroes Organization to become one of their designated photographers. This organization was created to encourage photographers to "give back" to families of children facing extraordinary medical challenges in their lives.

 

Nathan is one of those special children. I had the chance to spend last Sunday morning with him and his parents - and what a joy it was. Despite his troubled 11-month-old life, Nathan is a happy child who lights up a room with his beautiful eyes and bright smile.

I'm grateful to have had this opportunity and I hope his family enjoys the images we made together - memories of a happy morning in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for the inconvenience of having to type word verification in order to submit your comments, but due to the potential for spam and aggravation, it is necessary. Thanks so much.